Respawn visualizer on shared spawn room stopping teams [Solved]

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, May 21, 2017.

1. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi Guys,

I have a shared spawn room but the respawnvis is stopping the opposite team on team switch.

How or what's the best way of getting this to work?

Thanks

2. RodionJenga

RodionJenga L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    The func_respawnroomvisualizer should have its "associated spawn room" set to that particular func_respawnroom. If the func_respawnroom changes teams with an input the visualizer should change along with it. Is that what you're doing?

A much less elegant solution I used for my multistage a/d was just killing the red func_respawnroomvisualizer on the start of the next round. There were setup doors so the blu team didn't need a visualizer on the actual spawn.

3. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    I've never changed the spawn rooms before, I'll look into it and if that fails, maybe I'll try your kill option :)

edit: I looked into it - not sure how to change team ownership

edit 2: I think I figured it out looking at pl_upwards coding - i'll get back to you :)

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  4. RodionJenga

RodionJenga L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    There's a SetTeam input for respawn rooms, send it from a control point or entity that handles multistage rounds. I'd assume the parameter would be 2 (red) or 3 (blu)

5. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    yes that's what I did - on pass set team 3 :)