Respawn Room is bugged

blacknova93

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2011
Hello, sorry I've been posting so many help threads. Maybe I should post them all in one post? Something like that.
Anyways, the link to my vmf
http://www.mediafire.com/?ki0g4j9c1ecw3c4
Blu shouldn't work, it does somewhat but buggily, Red doesn't work at all, you spawn in black space. I was hoping someone could help and check my map, I think I did everything right, it was a pain to check all the values on the entities, but I don't know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 13, 2009
Well for a start, your red spawn isn't a room, it's fully solid, which explains the whole black-space thing, really.
redspawn.jpg

Blu spawn seems to work, but the spawn points are too close and get inside each other, func_regenerate doesn't have the resupply locker's model associated to it, which means it doesn't open when you use it (this is purely aesthetic however), and you've use a func_door with the trigger material when you probably meant to make it a trigger_multiple. your func_door should just cover the prop and be of a metal texture (for the ricochet sound and sparkles)
Last but not least, don't compile a map with leaks, even if for testing, that's just bad practice and it can cause strange behaviour by some entities.

blacknova93

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2011
Most people 1) Don't like looking directly at .vmfs unless its absolutley necessary. and 2) most people won't Download from mediafire, dropbox is much more trusted.

Maybe instead you could describe your probably a bit more?
I'm sorry, I'll try to describe it or use Dropbox next time.

Thanks for the help Loc, I never realized it was a solid. Well that was a mistake. I'll get to fixing it.

This community really is great. I hope I'm not spamming with the help requests.