Respawn Area Issue

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
Let's say that I have a map that has three areas, A B and C. Each of these areas has their own respawn room, as well as a separate starting respawn area.

How would I set it up so that if someone dies in area A, they respawn in the area A respawn, area B, they respawn in B, and so forth?

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
I dont think this is possible, as you spawn always in random spawnpoints. You can only disable a whole respawnroom, but that doesnt make sense if its about single players.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
There is currently no way to target individual players or classes. The most specific filtering you can do is by team. Also consider that spawns are not instant. The 'death information' of a player can not be carried with him into limbo. Sorry m8 :mellow:

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
How exactly do I set up the tf_gamerules to do that? I have one already, but I don't know how to set up the respawn times with it.

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
How exactly do I set up the tf_gamerules to do that? I have one already, but I don't know how to set up the respawn times with it.
Send the tf_gamerules SetBlueTeamRespawnWaveTime and SetRedTeamRespawnWaveTime inputs with the number of seconds as the parameter.

How would I set it up so that if someone dies in area A, they respawn in the area A respawn, area B, they respawn in B, and so forth?
This is possible, but complicated. Using a trigger_multiple that targets !activator with the input AddOutput and the parameter targetname A would set a player's targetname to "A". You could then use a trigger_teleport with a filter_activator_name in the spawn area to teleport newly-spawned players to the correct place.