Respawn Area Issue

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Stormcaller3801, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Stormcaller3801

Stormcaller3801 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Let's say that I have a map that has three areas, A B and C. Each of these areas has their own respawn room, as well as a separate starting respawn area.

How would I set it up so that if someone dies in area A, they respawn in the area A respawn, area B, they respawn in B, and so forth?

2. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    I dont think this is possible, as you spawn always in random spawnpoints. You can only disable a whole respawnroom, but that doesnt make sense if its about single players.

3. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    There is currently no way to target individual players or classes. The most specific filtering you can do is by team. Also consider that spawns are not instant. The 'death information' of a player can not be carried with him into limbo. Sorry m8 :mellow:

4. Stormcaller3801

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a way to alter the respawn times for a map? The SDK wiki is useless.

5. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Now that is relatively easy, lol. Use the entity 'tf_gamerules'. This allows you to, amongst other things, change spawn times on the fly.

6. Stormcaller3801

Positive Ratings:
    How exactly do I set up the tf_gamerules to do that? I have one already, but I don't know how to set up the respawn times with it.

7. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Send the tf_gamerules SetBlueTeamRespawnWaveTime and SetRedTeamRespawnWaveTime inputs with the number of seconds as the parameter.

This is possible, but complicated. Using a trigger_multiple that targets !activator with the input AddOutput and the parameter targetname A would set a player's targetname to "A". You could then use a trigger_teleport with a filter_activator_name in the spawn area to teleport newly-spawned players to the correct place.