[Resource] TF2 Movie Making CFG

Remix

L69: Deviant Member
Feb 27, 2008
remix-tf2mmcfg.png

This is a CFG I made a while back in order to make it easier to record stuff. I couldn't find any good movie making CFGs that covered almost everything, without me having trouble using them due to prolonged processes or bulky and hard to edit configs. Since I figured this is a community that works with TF2 a lot, it would be useful to have a CFG ready and easy to use.

[What does it do?]

• Sets most graphics options to high quality
  • Sets up easy-to-use binds for on-the-fly effects as well as easy recording
  • Resets many other things (like custom crosshairs, speaker setup) to defaults necessary for recording
  • Also very useful for just taking screenshots of maps

[My Recommendations]

• If you use any of the numeral pad keys, any function keys (F1, F2, etc.), or the directional arrows, I recommend creating an autoexec.cfg that will set up these binds when not using the movie config
  • I highly recommend creating a different shortcut for the movie cfg. More details on how to do this can be found in the readme.txt file included in the zip.

[Other Notes]
(not as important, but still good to know)

• Some ideas and features of this config can be found in other movie making configs, however, I did write everything on my own and none of it is copy + paste work
  • The tools in the "Suite" are not of my creation. However, they are freeware and can be distributed via this pack. They are all useful tools for creating movies via the IMG sequence technique. More information can be found on these programs via the readme.txt file
  • This CFG does set most settings sets "most" options for video quality to max. However, I do know there are many, many more options out there to bring the quality to its absolute best. I didn't put most of these options into the config because I know many people don't have computers that are good enough to withstand these settings, nor do I. Feel free to add to the graphic settings.

I will try to answer questions you guys have about the config to my knowledge and experience with the Source Engine. Most problems you can find an answer to through a quick google search or a view of the readme or notes.

However, some problems are difficult to solve and answer, which is part of the reason why I made the config in the first place. Try to just leave me comments, messages, feedback, or complaints here.

Current Version: 2.0

*Suite- Recommended for "beginners". Includes all the programs and other scripts necessary to record and process the video so it is prepared for editing.
*Normal- Contains just the dry configs.