[Resource] Team Fortress 2 Map Release Checklist

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
http://fabrydesign.com/2009/07/01/tf2-map-release-checklist

A checklist of everything one should do before releasing one's map divided by version, so you'll never forget to build your cubemaps or pakrat ever again (that is, if you print it out and stick it to the wall next to your monitor).

Right now it isn't pretty or extensive, but I'm taking suggestions for anything else which should be added before making it look fancy (I'll make those little desktop index-card size cheat sheet kinda thingymajigs in TF2 style or something).

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
One cubemap for fixed surfaces seems worth it to me.

Honestly, though, I thought this would be a list like the one ABS wanted to make. It's a nice list, though, and I'm pretty positive I'll reference it sometime...if I ever get that far.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
building cubemaps will pretty much silence half of the "feedback" you would get :p

Jan 31, 2008
You should add that the map should be fully compiled with HDR and everything for the final version.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
building cubemaps will pretty much silence half of the "feedback" you would get :p

Yeah this is a big reason for cubemaps in alpha. People are playing a game, let's not forget that and they will complain about visual errors. If it's possible to direct their attention to something else than missing cubemaps you might just recieve a comment about a sign being hard to see or other helpful remarks instead.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
It seems to be very useful, but PDF? :/

I don't have a PDF reader and I don't feel like downloading one just for a little list (not to mention I have no reason to print it out). Could you make a txt file as well?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Why don't you have a PDFReader? Just download Foxit. It's not bloated like Adobe PDF.

pitto

L3: Member
Feb 17, 2009
Need to add 'make sure all VisGroups are turned on'
(Cause accidentally releasing without player clip is bad)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Why don't you have a PDFReader? Just download Foxit. It's not bloated like Adobe PDF.

Because I download, ohh, 5 PDFs a year. You really don't need a PDF for a list either. Just do it like this:

[ ] Cubemaps
[ ] VisGroups
[ ] Blah Blah

In a txt document.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Okay, by popular demand I'll put cubemaps in for alpha. I'm also going to make a pre-compile checklist, to ensure everything involved in that "compile" line is done, which would include turn on all visgroups (unless people would like a singular checklist of everything).

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
broken-link.png

Broken Link
What we need instead is a broken Navi.
Why is this not fixed yet?

cyked

L3: Member
Dec 18, 2009
Holy shit, talk about a necro.... Well, nine is afk for a week so it will be a while before this is addressed.