[Resource] Reference Dump

Mar 20, 2012
Reading stevethepocket's post in this thread got me to thinking - why don't we have an active thread for posting neat references that we find? I utilize the WIP thread quite a lot for inspiration, but aside from individual searches, there's not really a place where we can collectively put interesting reference pictures that we find.

A sort of "I don't quite know where to go with my detailing/geometry/environment, let me look through the reference thread for ideas."

So, let's try this. Host 'em and post 'em. You can post concept art, photographs, scenes from films, games and shows. Anything that has inspired you or you think will inspire someone else. Mapper's block sucks. We've all been there. Let's make this a go-to place for spawning new ideas and designs.

I'll go first. Here's a few of my key favorites that I used when I was starting to detail Congo:

007-legends-lab-2-concept-art-on-her-majestys-secret-service.jpg

007-legends-virus-lab-concept-art-on-her-majestys-secret-service.jpg

SScales_jungle-matte01-col1.jpg

jungle_concept_by_happy_mutt-d5tk9lg.jpg

Your move, TF2Maps.net. What inspires you.

EDIT: I hope the pictures work now...

Last edited:

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Images are 403 to me somehow.
Anyway, that's really preety, ForbiddenDonut! What was the website you found them?

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2012
Images are 403 to me somehow.

Damn Dropbox. Whenever I try to imbed pictures directly into a forum, it runs into permissions errors. Whatever. I'm posting the actual links until I can figure it out.

Anyway, that's really preety, ForbiddenDonut! What was the website you found them?
The first two are concept art from a 007 game.

The second two are concept art I found on deviant art. It's a pretty good source of references if you know what to search for.

Last edited: