Reserve map name suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Fyfey, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Fyfey

Fyfey L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was looking at the map reserve list and thought it'd be cool to have it sortable by user and map name. :thumbup1:

Also, when registering a map name it could be like a wizard... have it fetch your user_id from the vBulletin variable, have a box to enter map name. Then check if it's available... if available it goes to a comfirmation page, if not, it highlights the box and you try again. :huh:

Then maybe a way to link a "Map detail page" from the list, with screenshots, ratings, comments, downloads... links to discussion topics! :drool1:

Maybe gone a bit over the top there, just a suggestion! :blush:

Fyfey

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    lol

granted they are all great suggestions. but the reserve map listing was made by me over a few hours looking through mysql and php tutorials. ill need a few weeks to read up even deeper in the programming for me to be able to pull something like that. :/

3. Fyfey

Positive Ratings:
    I might install a vBulletin forum on my server and have a read up on integrating the variables into custom scripts. See if I can't knock up a prototype. As I never have anything interesting to play with PHP & MySQL.

EDIT: Maybe not, didn't realise it wasn't on a free license!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  4. Geuel

Geuel L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd be willing to help out with that, if you'd like.

5. Koei

Koei L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Actually pulling up tables with php using sql statements is pretty easy, should take you a day max to figure out. Integration maybe another day.

6. Fyfey

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, it would be no problem to make. It's just getting it to work nicely with VBulletin, and having no access to an installation doesn't help.

Then there's styling it to look nice. Would take another day or so.