Requesting help for a community cup

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

cooletom

L1: Registered
May 26, 2011
Ola!
Our community is currently setting up an ultiduo cup, but as we would find it enjoyable to play maps other than koth_ultiduo, we're looking for a mapper that could edit/change some maps for us to make them suitable for ultiduo.
It's mainly about removing healthpacks/resup cabinets or moving up spawns (I personally don't know anything about mapping, but I dont believe these are changes that would take much effort or time to make)
If necessary I'm willing to 'pay' with some metal or a hat

Post something here or (pref) contact me over steam (Profile)

Cheers,
Pinky

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Honestly, you could learn how to do what you need to in about 15 minutes and then you could easily do whatever you wish. Just have to delete (click on the item) the items you have, then recompile (click F9 then okay) ... of course, saving it as a different name than the original is best also.

cooletom

May 26, 2011
I know, but that would mean me (or another community member) would have to download SDK/hammer (which is 1-2gb large iirc? not cool with a download cap) just to make some minor changes that can be done quickly by people that allready with it :>
I will probably do this anyway if nobody decides to help, but I thought it would be best to ask for help before actually going at it myself.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
If SDK is two gigs (which I don't think it is), it's no big deal. Download it, read the VDC for some basic tutorials, and learn to do things like moving spawns, pickups, etc yourself. It will be much more useful in the future than constantly bothering someone else to make some edits.

cooletom

May 26, 2011
If SDK is two gigs (which I don't think it is), it's no big deal. Download it, read the VDC for some basic tutorials, and learn to do things like moving spawns, pickups, etc yourself. It will be much more useful in the future than constantly bothering someone else to make some edits.

"Downloaded 1,841.4 MB / 1,841.4 MB"
ok it isn't quite 2Gigs, but still :>
Anyway, this is probably a one time thing, so i wouldn't have much use for learning how to do it (can't imagine any other situation where we would need anyone editing/making a map)

Also, found someone willing to help out; so this topic can be closed