Requesting a 2D Skybox

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Crimson, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Crimson

Crimson L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have been working on a map for a few months now and I am just in kind of a jam. I have no photoshop skills at all, and I really want to do my map as a night map as a break from the norm. I would like to ask for some help from someone in regards to making a night time 2D skybox. I don't just want a dark color with stars on it as I could do that in paint. I would like to get something fairly well made with maybe a dark color with just a hint of clouds and so on, but also cartoony at the same time.

Right now as a place holder im using the sky01_09 or whatever it is. It is okay but it just doesnt match the theme of TF2 at all, and its really rather bland. I have downloaded some others but they definitely were not cartoony enough either to match this game.

I would gladly do whatever it takes to get this made and would really appreciate it.

2. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Admitedly, photoshop is not my forte either. Try using the GravelPit skybox; turn down the brightness and crank up the ambience. It's not night-time, but done correctly, can be very moody and atmospheric.

3. Crimson

Crimson L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thats what I was actually using for a month or so, and finally started using this HL2 skybox for now. Gravel pit just didn't fit at all, but it was the closest I could get out of the TF2 skyboxes.