Model [Request]Wooden Shotgun

Kwzby

L1: Registered
Jun 27, 2015
In the map im making i need A default shotgun but with the texture changed so it looks like the Local Hero Gun Mettle skin. But I would like the it to be a prop that for the level wont change the shotgun that the player uses. Also, here is a link to the gun mettle skin Texture VMTs: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=24795

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
I'm a little confused about your description, but you just want the gun as a normal static prop? If that's the case I assume you can just drop a prop_static where you want it and change the world model to the shotgun and then change the skin to the skin you want.

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
I'm a little confused about your description, but you just want the gun as a normal static prop? If that's the case I assume you can just drop a prop_static where you want it and change the world model to the shotgun and then change the skin to the skin you want.

I am pretty sure you cannot apply the gun mettle skins in hammer, so he wants someone to modify the textures to the normal shotgun prop to have the skin.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
I am pretty sure you cannot apply the gun mettle skins in hammer, so he wants someone to modify the textures to the normal shotgun prop to have the skin.

Yeah I guess not, just checked. Not sure how they get applied if they're completely separate from the model then.

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
Yeah I guess not, just checked. Not sure how they get applied if they're completely separate from the model then.

It's the reason they cause such large fps drops. They are ran over what I can assume is an alpha map from the og weapons UV map, which means that they simply assign the texture to the special alpha channel, and it covers the gun in the camo. This requires more texture processing, but decreases overall memory usage because it stops there being 200 new models added for each skin on each gun.

It's a battle. Either better in game performance at the cost of a large download and larger game files, or small updates and performance dips.

An easy solution is the current system but the option to turn off skins, so those that rely on performance aren't held back by those that choose to run them.

Kwzby

L1: Registered
Jun 27, 2015
Even if it just is reskined with any regular wood texture and can be placed in hammer i'll be ok with it