Texture [Request] Texture change for ctf_aerospace

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Graxwell, May 5, 2015.

1. Graxwell

Graxwell L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am trying to make an SFM on ctf_aerospace, and the team colored doors are showing up as transparent. I have no idea how to do mapping, so I was hoping someone here could just change the doors to default grey garage doors. Hope this is in the right place!

EDIT:
    Here is the map tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/73575

2. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Have you tried contacting the map's creator, Arhurt? It would be rude of anyone else to decompile and edit the map without his permission.

3. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Only if the goal is to release the modified version in some form, which... isn't what it sounds like is happening here? "Making an SFM" isn't exactly coherent English, but I assume the missing word is "video".

4. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Still, it would technically be illegal to decompile it w/o permission, and then use it.
    I believe that using it for sfm still counts, if you intend on releasing the video afterwards.
    You should contact the author before release anyway.

5. Graxwell

Graxwell L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have gotten permission from the creator, he has stopped making maps because he doesn't like the tools.

"That has probably to do with changes in how the material was set up. I was a major newbie back then. The entire doors use a transparent material. You'd need to edit the material to make it opaque or find a correct material that does not create this effect. The problem is you'll lose the transparency on the grates."