[Request] Steam Locomotive

FlavorRage

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 12, 2008
I am currently making a map involving many trains, and, loving trains, I would like to have more than one. Given that RED favors older aesthetic styles, and that diesel trains only came about in the 40's and 50's, it would be conceivable that they would use a steam train. It could be the same size as the current diesel train, with a tender (coal car) the same size as one as well. Preferably all black and with a cartoonily huge cow-catcher for running players over. For reference, see the Union Pacific Big Boy: Wikipedialulz

Or, if anyone could point me to a free model maker with plenty of tutorials, that works too. :unsure: Thanks in advance tf2maps!

Last edited:

FlavorRage

Oct 12, 2008
Would the Alpine Steam Engine work?

I tried it but it's simply too small and broken looking, I wanted to make/find something powerful and intimidating. There's nothing more majestic to me than a huge, polished, jet black steam train :drool1:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Don't forget... RED doesn't equal old fashioned. RED and BLU both have state-of-the-art high tech equipment. RED just chooses old fashioned as the cover for their nefarious deeds (and trains aren't usually owned by the company they are servicing, so using a diesel wouldn't blow their cover)

FlavorRage

Oct 12, 2008
Glad I'm not alone in this thinking :woot:

EDIT: Boojum, that's why I said AESTHETICS, lol, but really, that's just a half-baked attempt at justifying my want of this model. :S

Last edited: