[request] rocket reskin

theydidntnameme

L1: Registered
Jan 2, 2009
hi. i know nothing about modelling or skinning. i need someone to help me out :thumbup1:.

models/props_spytech/rocket002_top.mdl

and

models/props_spytech/rocket002_bottom.mdl

these 2 models only have 1 skin and that skin is red themed. for the purposes of my map i need the rocket to have a neutral skin. so if theres anyone out there that can reskin this for me, you have my thanks.

i dont know much about digital imaging but it looks like they just painted red squares on parts of the grey material so you can just grey out those areas so the whole rocket looks grey. and the red logo has to be taken off. but beggars cant be choosers so i await anything anyone will do for me. thanks:)

TheNeverman

Oct 5, 2008
I see a potential problem here, in order to use the 'new' skin, someone would have to decompile the existing rocket model, and recompile it with the new skin applied. I don't think valve would like us decompiling (let alone openly distributing) their hard work. Thoughts?

theydidntnameme

Jan 2, 2009
in this thread the person asked for a decompile and nobody objected :p

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=3735

but if everyone objects to decompiling the rocket i guess i am screwed :(

if there is no one willing to reskin, then ill accept a similar shaped rocket built from scratch, about the same size. you can leave a gap in the middle like the one i referenced above (if you look at it in the editor theres a huge gap between the nose and tail which i filled in with my lackluster brushwork) or add an interior for me for players to walk into. :)

theydidntnameme

Jan 2, 2009
thanks so much! but after testing this i can only see the bottom. in the model viewer, the bottom model works fine, but when i select the top model, nothing is there! the only thing it has is collision. and when i run it in game i see the bottom part fine (it works) but the top part is invisible, although the top part's collision still works.

also there is no big red "ERROR" model that shows up in its place. it seems to work fine except its invisible

theydidntnameme

Jan 2, 2009
wow this is amazing! it works perfect! it looks like an old rusted rocket in an abandoned spaceport, this will fit well in my map! major kudos to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wow: