Model [REQUEST] Payload... Boat?

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Lancey, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    I'm thinking of doing a map where the payload travels along a series of canals instead of a wooden track, but I'd need some sort of payload boat to do so. The first screenshot is a quick mashup of a few props in hammer to show what I'm looking for. It includes the row boat from the swamp theme, a few barrels, and the bomb. The second is the modifications I'd like to see, if possible. That is shortening the bow of the boat to fit the bomb, a few ropes or cables across the bomb to hold onto it, a strap around the barrels, a vent, a battery with a little alarm light, and shortening of the stern. I'd like the dimensions to be 84.1x160 hammer units. If anyone can do this for me, that'd be great.

EDIT:

And a rocket booster strapped to the back would be pretty cool too.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    Wouldn't it be more fun if players rode the boat?

3. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    i agree, like maybe a "Steamboat Willy" sorta thing?

But if that's not what you want, ill look into doing this if no one else offers, im waiting to build my new comp before im getting into any "big" projects.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Lancey

Positive Ratings:
    No that's crazy. It'd be too heavy to support a bomb and a whole bunch of players. Wooden boats can only do so much!

Heavy no like Mickety Mouse. Besides, it'd be pretty hard to stop if BLU is high up on a canal in a steamboat, no less, and RED needs to chase after them. Wouldn't be very fun for RED and would mean a lot of steamrolling.

Thanks.

5. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    How big would the boat be?

6. Lancey

Positive Ratings:
    84.1 x 160 hammer units, or as close as possible, as I said at the top.

7. Lancey

Positive Ratings:
    A short bump, considering I'm just about done with the layout for my map and really need a suitable boat soon. If anyone could work on this, that'd be really swell.

8. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well in that case, does it really have to be specifically a boat? Why not, say, a hovercraft? A small (payload-sized) hovercraft?

9. Tinker

aa Tinker

Positive Ratings:
    Gameplay-wise, though, this is incredibly much more fun than swimming next to it.

10. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    with every request it's always better if you can include some pictures or references of any sort so people can imagine better what you think about yourself and how much effort it would be to realize your idea.

11. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    He had, but then the tread moved and killed the pictures.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    then he shall repost :D
    if i remember it correctly it was just the swamp pack boat, wasn't it ?

13. Lancey

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, sorry. Didn't realize the pictures were removed. It was basically this:
    [​IMG]

So basically the swamp boat scaled down a bit with a bomb, some straps, and a few barrels (and maybe a light and vent.) It'd also be nice if you could strap a rocket booster to the back. I was hoping the bomb could be 84.1 x 160 hammer units.

Because that's silly.

No, it's really just regular payload with a small boat that goes along canals.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  14. Lancey

Positive Ratings:
    I really need this model. Can someone work on it?

15. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    Well 2 things:

1. It looks like you've already got the boat there how you want it (in the screenshots), All you really need to do it some intricate brush work in hammer and you'd have it. It doesn't make sense to not combine two objects that already exist, unless you want something different.

2. For me to be interested enough to make this model, I'd want to go all out--make a full sized boat for 5+ players to stand on, armor plated and armed with torpedoes. But that's just me. Not that I can't do the small things, but for reason #1.

• Thanks Thanks x 1