Model [Request] Overgrowth Vines and stuff

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by SharkMan, Sep 25, 2009.

1. SharkMan

SharkMan L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm doing a jungle type map, i haven't mapped in a really long time, but this kind of model seems like it should be somewhere, and its kind of frustrating not being able to find anything like it.

tbh, a rain forest type jungle theme would be terrific; we have that tropical island jungle theme spike did but rain forest trees and colors just look different; darker i think.

don't need trees or anything, though that would be cool, i just need vines and roots that are growing over the structure i need to put them on.

best example i could find:

[​IMG]

2. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    It doesn't include this particular model, but you have seen the swamp pack right? It includes a lot of swampy models that would probably work really well in your map. Meanwhile, I am away from my computer so I can't do this for you.. Each Vine would have to be quite specific if you want it completely wrapping around a building. So for anyone who is modelling this, just make it start from a bottom corner, then span out fan-like..

3. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    There are a ton of vine overlays in l4d, you should be able to use them so long as you only release it within the map (pakrat).

4. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    If i remember right, you cant use L4D models in TF2.

5. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Nah L4D uses a updated Source engine that tf2 doesnt have yet.

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Don't mix mod content. Thanks.

At best, edit a HL2 texture, at worst, do not rerelease products from one game to another, even if it is by the same developer.

7. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, I just kinda figured that if someone could be bothered to rip out the files and piece l4d together texture-by-texture conventional pirating/PacSteam would be far more effective. Anyway, I'm sure you could stick a request into the 'make your own swamp extension' thread.