Model [Request] New Player Destruction Pickups!

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
I always thought it could be interesting to have some more unique pickup models for Player Destruction, that way people don't feel like they have to reuse the Bottle pickup from Watergate. Therefore, I came up with a few ideas for pickups that could be made into fully functioning props.

Unfortunately though, I don't really know how to create models or make them have that cool little "spinning" animation that makes it more obvious that the item is meant to be picked up. If any of you skilled model makers of the TF2maps community would like to take a crack at any of these ideas, feel free to! I think it could be pretty cool, and would make more people feel the urge to make some cool Player Destruction maps! Below each idea, I'll show off some spoilered images if I can find some to show off the idea I'm trying to get at.

- A Parcel with an Undisclosed Delivery Location
I feel like this one could be cool! The idea of having to grab a bunch of parcels off fallen enemies for delivery, then maybe bringing them to a train or truck for delivery, with the team who delivers the most parcels being the team that wins!

The parcels could be little boxes with string tied around them, or those flat ones that are slightly lumpy to make them look like they have something important inside of them! You could even put a few little stamps on there to make it look like it's nice and valid for delivery.

padded-envelopes-picture-id174794811

depositphotos_11460763-stock-photo-parcel.jpg

box-3887621_640-640x426.jpg

- Some Bars/Ingots of Gold (Or Australium if you prefer...)
This idea was always one of my favourites. I loved the idea of killing an enemy, then oh, look! They left us some shiny goodies on the floor! It would also make a LOT of sense if having Australium on you meant that you would be healed over time, considering the properties of Australium that I'm sure some of you know about.

This prop could be three small bars of Gold/Australium that would be dropped on the ground, stacked upon one another. Snatch them up and deliver them for the Administrator, or whoever's paying you!

depositphotos_61978413-stock-photo-gold-ingots-isolated.jpg

518-5184594_gold-bar-png-image-free-download-searchpng-gold.png

- Dog Tags or Medals!
In similar Call of Duty fashion, you could totally make some Dog Tags in classic "Kill Confirm" fashion. In TF2's art style, I imagine this prop could look pretty cool to pick up, and could even make a metal "klink" noise upon picking them up. This prop would also make for a pretty good Frontline Player Destruction prop I feel.

If you're not for the idea of Dog Tags though, how about a medal? You know, the kind that you attach to your uniform! I'm sure Soldier would love to go around picking up something like that. Perhaps a cool looking medal with a ribbon flowing down from it could be cool in TF2's style. Something like one of the medals already in TF2 could be cool!

005348-00_MilitaryStyleDogTags.png

212-2126121_gentle-mannes-service-medal-red-tf2-team-fortress.png

- A Small Crate
Similar to the Hydro Barrel Crates or the TF2 Crates that people often unbox, one could make a pickup that looks like a much smaller version of that, perhaps one that can be held easily with your two hands. You could put some labels on it, or just leave it plain. Who knows what's inside after all, right? Or where it's going for that matter. You could also make it have a lock around it if you really wanted to. Who knows! Perhaps it's full of fancy hats or weapons.

Backpack_Mann_Co._Supply_Crate.png

- A Box Filled to the brim with... something!
Another idea I had was a crate or box with an open top. You can see what's inside clearly, but what is it? There's a few options! It could be filled with beer bottles, cans of soda, rockets, grenades, bullets, metal... a whole bunch of options!

This could make for a good prop if the Player Destruction map is in a factory setting. Whatever's in the box, it needs to be taken/moved! I think having a few of these could be helpful for those trying to decide what their Player Destruction map would be based around. I don't really have any examples for this one though. Feel free to get really creative!

- Secret Blueprints!
Looks like the other team has some secret blueprints for something they're building. Of course, they're not that dumb. They split up the blueprints, and you need to secure all of them to fully understand what they're building! This prop could be a bunch of rolled up secret blueprints that you need to capture and secure at the capture zone. Who knows what they're working on! Though picking up all those blueprints sure does seem enticing...

rolled-house-blueprints-construction-plans-260nw-204127081.jpg

blueprints-illustration-id665437574

And that's it really!

If you have any other cool and creative Player Destruction pickup ideas, feel free to show them off! I personally love the Player Destruction mode, and would love to see more maps with that gamemode. Some new pickups for when you kill players would certainly help with that.

If any of you guys do make models for this thread though, I'll make sure to credit you if I end up using them for my own Player Destruction map. Of course, I feel like having these kinds of models out there would be beneficial to everyone. The more Player Destruction the better. Thanks for your time, and thank you in advance if you make anything thanks to this thread being made!​