[Req]Custom achievement map for my server

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Mr. Man, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Mr. Man

Mr. Man L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Custom achievement map [with reward!]

Hello everyone,

I am currently running a map made by an APG member and it's quite good. However, there are a couple of missing features that disallow players from getting some achievements (lack of Halloween props such as pumpkins, Doomsday rocket area, and the like.)

Therefore, I am looking for an experienced mapper to design a new map for me from scratch so players can get as many achievements as possible.

Please send me a private message on this forum or add me on Steam to discussin further detail: www.steamcommunity.com/id/m1st3rm4n

If desired, I can arrange for compensation in the form of refined metal or even an unusual hat.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    You know, Doomsday, Foundry and MvM achievements are only achievable on these maps. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the map would have to be Halloween to get Halloween achievements.

3. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    The map-specific achievs are tied to the map, yes, but the Halloween ones aren't; they just require the server to be running H'ween mode.

4. Mr. Man

Positive Ratings:
    Really? I saw a map that had Doomsday props before and I was able to get both Halloween and Doomsday achievements there: http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/168023

But I am pretty sure you are correct on Foundary and MvM, hence the first post "as many as possible."

5. GPuzzle

Positive Ratings:
    Foundary? It's Foundry. Without the "A".

6. Mr. Man

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks. Now would you like to take on the project? :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. GPuzzle

Positive Ratings:
    Well, maybe. I'm still working in arena_ethanol, my WiP custom map, but I can give a try.
    I'll take it.

8. Mr. Man

Positive Ratings:
    I cleaned up the first post, and the job's still up for grabs since GPuzzle's been inactive since we last talked with each other.

9. Mr. Man

Positive Ratings:
    Still "recruiting" in that GPuzzle disappeared for 1+ week now and hasn't showed me any concept or image of his preliminary design. Still open and up for grabs!

10. GPuzzle

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, shit.
    I have a drawer full of concepts, I still am deciding to see what would fit in Hammer (text, I suck at drawing).
    But honestly I won't be able, disappeared for 1+ week due to family reasons.
    Will disappear for another one.
    I'll probably give up, the only project so far I am managing to keep up is Ethanol.
    TF2-related, of course.

11. Mr. Man

Positive Ratings:
    No problem. I'll give you a bit more time to see if you can keep up. No hard feelings if you decide to drop. Best luck with everything.

12. GPuzzle

Positive Ratings:
    Well, I might drop. I will try to focus on what I have now.

13. Mr. Man

Positive Ratings:
    No problem then. Then this project is still open to everyone! D: