Replacing Announcer's voice with Merasmus' voice

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Asd417, May 25, 2016.

1. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    As the Title Suggests

Seemed like there isn't any specific command to disable the existing announcer voice when I looked into sd_doomsday_event. Instead, there are loads of PlayVORed/Blue which doesn't exist in the non-halloween version. I'm guessing it overrides automatically but I'm not sure what the exact settings are.

It would be great if someone could kindly explain it to me

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    They're done using soundscripts. Various events in the map send outputs to a tf_gamerules entity to play certain soundscripts, which are lines of text that play certain sounds in-game when triggered.

In most cases in TF2 maps, they're done to replace the announcer lines and/or add new ones. It's the same technique used in pd_watergate to play the "we are in the beam!" voice lines, as well as the announcer lines in af_rapture.

Here's the developer wiki article on soundscripts. YM also wrote a thread on what they are exactly.

3. Asd417

Positive Ratings:
    That's very useful, thanks

on the other note, I dont know how is my post funny in anyway possible unless someone has futuristic humor sense.

4. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Just Dave bein' Dave.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    Wizard Suprise!
    Edit:
    I just thought it was funny how merasmus can replace the administrator, and then remembered merasmus is one funny son of a... hes a wizard ok..

6. Asd417

Positive Ratings:
    lol