Repeated site downtime?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by PL-7764, Jan 6, 2011.

1. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    For the last few days I've had lengthy periods where I can't access TF2Maps, and it always looks like a site crash ("Could not find tf2maps.net"). I try to get to the homepage, and no matter how many times I refresh or how many different ways I try to get there (type in the URL, use my bookmark, access history, etc.) it just keeps vomiting up the "Could not find the URL" error. I get the same thing when trying to load "forums.tf2maps.net" as well.

Here's the really confusing part though: When it comes back, I can see that other people were making forum posts just fine at times when I couldn't get in, meaning others were getting in without issue while I just got stupid "Site does not exist, idiot" errors.

Is this an issue for anyone else, or is it some stupid thing exclusive to me? If it's just me, how on earth do I fix it?

I'm using Google Chrome 8.0.552.224 on Windows 7 32-bit, if that provides any info that might lead to this being fixed...

EDIT: I get something similar when clicking the site logo at the top of the page to go to the home, apparently because it directs to www.tf2maps.net, which doesn't work for me. Just entering tf2maps.net works though.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    The reason you can't connect is because your ISP DNS isn't updated. It will clear itself up within a few days I would imagine. If you want to try and resolve the problem faster there are methods for that, ask in the steam chat and I'm sure someone will explain it in detail.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. honeymustard

honeymustard L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    It happens to me but refreshing a few times fixes it.

4. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
  5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  6. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    Or you could just switch to Google/Open DNS.

7. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Also, the home page is down for me consistently, versus the forums which rarely are down. So uh, don't look at the home page.

I don't even know what's on the home page, actually.

8. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings: