Rendering Issue - please help..

Nosher

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 3, 2008
Hi all - hope someone can help....

First map and I have a rendering issue - after spending ages going through the pointfile and removing all leaks (a great lesson in "do it right in the first place!") I started my map and saw this jutting out if the roof of my Sewer Junction room...

glitch2.jpg

In hammer there is no problem.....

inhammer.jpg

I saw this in the pointfile...

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (0.0 256.0 -85.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
Leaf 1 contents:
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs: Brush 57388:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (0.0 408.0 -85.0)
Leaf 1 contents:
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (139.1 376.0 -113.0)
Leaf 1 contents:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (276.8 376.0 -94.3)
Leaf 1 contents:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (259.8 376.0 -79.5)
Leaf 1 contents:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (240.7 376.0 -66.4)
Leaf 1 contents:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (223.2 376.0 -56.9)
Leaf 1 contents:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (205.5 376.0 -48.8)
Leaf 1 contents:

Can anyone help here?

Cheers in advance
Nosh.

Last edited:
H

Haas

Try deleting the arc and recompile it. If it works make a new one until it works. You have some kind of leak but this can be caused by bad brushwork like that arc.
You could try the sdk beta it fixed a bug on a map of a friend of my.

dirtyminuth

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 5, 2007
Some of the brushwork in your complex geometry might contain vertices not aligned to the grid. During compile, these vertices might be adjusted to prevent invalid geometry (primarily non planar faces), resulting in the odd shapes you see. How are you creating your complex geometry? Use the vertex tool to make sure all vertices are aligned to the grid.