Removing some not so nice textures...

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Gravidea, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Gravidea

Gravidea L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So I've been planning to stream myself while map making, but it seems I have a little problem... I'm not sure where they came from, possibly a trade map or something, but whenever I go to browse through my textures in hammer, some pretty horrendous textures pop up that I feel would not be appropriate for the streaming platform I'd want to stream on. I don't even want to describe how these look, but I want them gone. So, what I want to know is where hammer gets the textures from so I can find them and remove them as soon as possible. Anyone have any quick answers? Thanks in advance! (Also, sorry if anyone feels this is a dumb question, or that I've been making too many threads lately!)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. Berry

aa Berry Sharing is caring, and I don't care

Positive Ratings:
    Materials for hammer can be stored in these 3 places as far as I'm aware:
    - team fortress 2/tf/materials/
    - team fortress 2/tf/download/materials/
    - team fortress 2/tf/custom/X/materials/

If you've downloaded them from a server, chances are they'll be in the second one

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Gravidea

Gravidea L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not seeing those exact textures... Do you think that it would be safe for me to delete everything in tf/download/materials just to be safe, and see if that works?

EDIT: Never mind! I did some further investigating, and found the textures, successfully removing them. Thank you for your help!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  4. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Don't forget to use "tf" in the keywords field to instantly filter out any textures that aren't meant for TF2 mapping. Some rare textures do not have a tf keyword tho, and some hl don't look too bad in some situations, but it will be helpfull 98% of the time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. AsG_Alligator

aa AsG_Alligator trigger_hiss

Positive Ratings:
    ABS pack adds the tf tag to most tf2 textures that were missing it originally btw.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1