Removing paintkits_master.txt

Phokz

L1: Registered
Dec 29, 2015
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, however, here we go. My friend believe that most of the performance problems after Touch Break update comes from tf/tf2_misc_dir.vpk/scripts/items/paintkits_master.txt
Removing this file returns the same old performance like it was it before Touch Break patch... But TF2 crashing as soon as I try to load it. This might be related to the digital signature file (the .sig extension) Adding any changes to the paintkits_master.txt is simple impossible, because .sig file would disappear and I'll be unable to start the game without putting original files back.
So my question is: is there any workaround to complete nullify paintkits_master.txt effect or prevents from loading?

SC PL

local shitposter
aa
Jun 25, 2015
Go to Steam, go to library, right click on Team Fortress 2, click properties, click "Local files" and click "Check the consistency of the game files" (Long bottom button) and wait, when everything is fixed. (I think I said it correctly, I use steam in Polish language)

If that will not work, wait for next TF2 update. Delfy found some exploits, so Valve will fix them and update will come soon.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Well, the most logical answer would be no. If it's in a vpk that ships with the game it's important game stuff, so removing or editing it would be a no-no.

Phokz

L1: Registered
Dec 29, 2015
dont delete files, just run your game in -default
What's the point? -default won't prevent from loading shitty unoptimized textures. There is no other fix than direct file modification.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Supposedly -default fixes a lot of the fps issues w the latest updates.