Removing bumper cars at end of round?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
An audio glitch occurs if the server's map is changed while players are still in bumper cars. In order to prevent this glitch from occurring, I need to remove the bumper car player condition once each round has been won. I haven't been able to find a working solution. I've tried:
  • Disabling the bumper car trigger_add_tf_player_condition once each round has been won.
  • Killing the trigger_add_tf_player_condition once each round has been won.
  • Moving the trigger_add_tf_player_condition out of reach once each round has been won.
If a solution is found, I can also make a special map file that will remove the glitch, so that if the initial kart maps is changed before the round ends, the glitch won't persist.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
As it is right now, players can even respawn inside of a kart if they survived a round when a new round starts, it's super weird.

Your best bet is to just kill the player and disable the trigger, and force a respawn. That will clear everything up but not be very elegant

Kube

aa
Aug 31, 2014
As it is right now, players can even respawn inside of a kart if they survived a round when a new round starts, it's super weird.

Your best bet is to just kill the player and disable the trigger, and force a respawn. That will clear everything up but not be very elegant

This advice got everything working! Thank you very much!

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Isn't trigger_remove_tf_player_condition an entity? Couldn't you have one of these brushes Enable the same time you Disable the add brush? Also might be an idea to have a few extra ones in the spawn rooms as well?

Kube

aa
Aug 31, 2014
Isn't trigger_remove_tf_player_condition an entity? Couldn't you have one of these brushes Enable the same time you Disable the add brush? Also might be an idea to have a few extra ones in the spawn rooms as well?

That entity works even better. I had no clue it existed! Thanks!