Reinstalled XP, White Textures (Missing?)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Rizz, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Rizz

Rizz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    So as the title says, I just reinstalled Windows XP and got my map up and running again although all the custom textures I used are White. The textures are in a materials/tfdm7. (tfdm7 being the name of the map and all)
    I check for errors (alt+p) and it shows that the textures are missing, although they do work in-hammer and are put in the right folder.
    http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8260/issuee.png

It seems like it's trying to designate the "Maps" folder as the "Material" folder for where the individual maps-material folder should be located. Can anyone help?

--------------------------
    *face palm...*
    I just needed to restart SourceSDK so that it'd officially recognize the new textures folder. >_<
    All is well, disregard the initial fret.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    I had this with moving a map i made on p to vista.
    I dont know why it happens but if the OS is changed everything becomes untextured.

3. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    It is becuase the textures locations have been changed. Check the .vmt's to make sure their paths are correct, and you might possibly need to make a folder called maps inside the materials folder, with the tfdm7 folder inside to make it the correct file path.

4. Rizz

Rizz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    As I said initially, I did install it all right I just needed reload SourceSDK so that the installations could take affect.