Reflection issues

T

Tatws

Hey guys, a few of my friends have higher spec pc's than me, so play the game on higher settings. While my map looks fine to me, no visual issues, they talk about reflection problems, something to do with that purple checkered texture instead of reflection in blades, sniper scopes, etc. Can anyone help?

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
yes, you need to place env_cubemaps around the essential places around your map, than type in console: buildcubemaps.

That should do it ;)

T

Tatws

right, just to clarify because I am unfortunately a little slow at the moment, ever so tired! Build brush-based entities around all the sections of the map called env_cubemaps, then compile, then go in-game, open up the map, and type in the console, buildcubemaps. Then I can pass around the bsp?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
no no no, env_cubemap is a point based entity. place them around your map where the surroundings are significantly different to other areas at about head height. THEN load it in game and buildcubemaps (which then get saved into the .bsp for you to distribute)

Noggin

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2007
This is instructions from RedFoxx...I added LDR instructions

Make sure your in dev mode, go to the console

start your map

mat_specualr 0
buildcubemaps

reload the map

mat_hdr_level 0 (this should put the engine in LDR mode)
buildcubemaps
restart map
mat_specular 1

T

Tatws

ah, added confusion lol. I didn't know the game had a dev mode...well ill be on the steam chat so ill pester someone to explain it to me!