CP Refinery

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by ades, Aug 14, 2014.

1. ades

ades L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    cp_Refinery is a Attack Defend map that i started ideas for early back as April ive made many versions that i stopped and restarted countless times it has changed looks and game mode many times so after 5 months of planning and mapping i finally got an idea that i stuck with so i present cp_Refinery A1

this is my first completed map its different than a regular attack defend map when A is captured it unlocks B and C. once B and C are captured it unlocks D the final point.

Like i said this is my first map and im not experienced with class balance and that stuff so feed back is highly appreciated

-ades_254

NOTICE: Screenshots have not been updated in a very long time

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    The name refinery has been taken. Like, 182 times over. In my opinion, you should change the name to cp_dirtmound

3. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    My feedback from just the screenshots is that it looks very flat around the points, and flat maps generally make for slightly boring gameplay. I suggest you add more height variation, and maybe add a few rocks or crates in some of the more open areas.

4. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Use the dictionary/google! Look up words related to your planned theme and use one of them. You'll find some pretty cool stuff!

5. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I'd get rid of the HDR lighting until you have the map/ lighting more refined. Looks very overboard.

6. Dr. Sasha

Dr. Sasha L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    MY EYES. THEY BURN. Too much HDR.

Also, change the ground texture to blend texture, you can start to see where the texture starts to repeat itself, plus it would be a lot more interesting with it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  7. ades

ades L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sasha, i fixed the HDR and started to do the displacements i just dident update the pics

8. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    You don't seem to respond in the chat, so I will say it here.
    It seems like you are turning whole brushes into displacements. This will create strange shadows. Make sure to only select the face that you want to be a displacement.
    Also, displacements are kinda useless if you are not modifing it in any way. (Paint Geometry, Paint Alpha, Noise, Sculpt, etc.)