RED/BLU Team Logos

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by bakentake, Mar 17, 2009.

1. bakentake

bakentake L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey so I want to put the Red/Blu team logo in their respective spawn rooms but I can't find one that fits on the walls of my room. The room's size is 576x576x192.

I am trying to add them to the walls through "Apply Decals" then using the texture filter "red logo" but none of them show up at a small size, and normally you can only see one or two letters the rest is cut off by the bottom of the floor and edges of the wall.

And a quick question to the side: If I want to create a relatively open map (sky wise) and plan to use a skybox, how is everyone building a box to hold the void out and keep everything inside? And what sizes are you using for spawn rooms, and the overall map?

Any help would be great.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Use the overlay tool instead of the decal tool for them. The filter is an exact file-name search, so it would be looking for a material with red logo in it, which won't happen since they don't have spaces. Filter for overlays or signs, I think those two cover all the things you could want to use in such a manner.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Use the Apply Overlays tool. You can rotate, resize and due what you please with poster textures using that. Use just "logo" for searching the textures.

Lock me in a cage. Ba-dum-tish.

Use the Skybox texture, I think it's named "toolssky," and apply it to a hollowed out cube that encompasses your map, sealing any leaks, and projecting the sky.

Edit:

Ninja'd.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think there's also a couple for download somewhere on the site...but then you'll have to learn how to pakrat :)