RED attacking Blu in Payload?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Nathan Quake, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Nathan Quake

Nathan Quake L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Can it be done? I made the map before thinking, and now I'm trying to fix the Payload HUD. :facepalm:
    The Cart will not move (on the HUD) and the base point from where it begins is Blu. So far, I have everything else is working. A friend told me that this couldn't be fixed, so I thought I would take it here to be confirmed. Thanks for comments.

2. littleedge

aa littleedge L1111: Clipping Guru

Positive Ratings:
    Don't do it. Your map will automatically suck. BLU always attacks in A/D, including Payload maps.

3. Mr. P. Kiwi

Mr. P. Kiwi L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    It can be done, but other then confusing players it has no meaning. It plays exactly the same if BLU will attack RED... That concludes to this: the extra work is worth less.

4. Nathan Quake

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately, it's already done. Without going back and changing EVERYTHING in my map, it will have to automatically suck. Sorry if that offended anyone. >.>

5. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    You can use edit => replace to change en masse. Other than that, it can't be that hard to change kart triggers, team colours, etc.

6. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    You can't change the colors of the HUD for regular payload.

7. Nathan Quake

Positive Ratings:
    :( Oh well. Either I play the map without a payload HUD, or I have to go on mass texturing spree. Thanks all.

8. Jayden

Jayden L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Does it bother anyone else that Reliable Excavation and Demolition isn't the one pushing the explosives into Builders League United's buildings?

9. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    not as much as it bothers me that they're both trying to blow up the same place in Pipeline.

10. Ankh

Ankh L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    They're both front companies for sinister spytech megacorporations. I hardly think TF2's gameplay is representative of the "legitimate" business that said fronts conduct on a day to day basis.

11. lilatomic

lilatomic L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Also, the bots don't like it when you mix them up. When I tried bots for Hydro, the RED team always defended, and the BLU team always attacked. I think its the same with Payload (with one cart).

12. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Good point...

We should talk to Valve about this...

Though, the fact they are cover spytech corps... will suffice for a reasoning.

13. Draco18s

Draco18s L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've also mentioned this...

14. Okrag

aa Okrag Wall Staples

Positive Ratings:
    They are mercenaries, they were both hired to blow up the pipeline. Winning team gets payed.

15. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    I'd move around the entities and replace the textures. It shouldn't be too much work, 2 hours max.

16. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    It worked perfectly for me, but I was building payload from scratch using decompiled goldrush.