Really annoying language problem (Windows/TF2)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
So. I have a Norwegian keyboard, it's a little different from most others because it needs some keys for Æ, Ø and Å. Therefore, other keys are switched around, and when TF2 suddenly decides my keyboard needs to be English, there's trouble, as the keys I press will no longer correspond to what they output in form of text. For example, my Æ key will output a full stop.

Now, it would be good if Windows just managed to keep it set to Norwegian at all times, but whenever I play TF2, it seems to randomly switch to English when it feels like it. If I alt+tab I can briefly see an "EN" in the corner before it resets to "NO", so it's definitely Windows, but caused by TF2.

The obvious solution is to remove English from the list of languages for Windows 7. But guess what. This doesn't remove English after all. What the hell.

Anything else I can do? Is there a command I can give TF2 or something? This has been pissing me off for too long.

Feb 14, 2008
Don't type in Norweigan? :D:D:D

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
There are hotkeys to change between languages, I think it was shift+alt+mousewheel? Maybe you've just accidentally set TF2/HL2.exe to english and need to switch it back.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah, it's the annoying hotkeys: Shift + Ctrl, which most people end up clicking together a lot in TF2. Open the chatbox, press Shift+Ctrl again and it should be gone. It's still annoying as hell though.

Echelon

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2009
Yeah, it's the annoying hotkeys: Shift + Ctrl, which most people end up clicking together a lot in TF2. Open the chatbox, press Shift+Ctrl again and it should be gone. It's still annoying as hell though.

No it's not. I have uninstalled all other languages and only have norwegian in windows. I have also disabled the hotkey thing. The problem is within TF2. The console or chat window often changes to random languages like Japan, Taiwan etc... i don't know how to stop it.