Real life sentry gun.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drp, Mar 24, 2008.

1. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBvc4fBGPw"]YouTube - AutoFire Test 2 extended version[/ame]

2. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    The maker of that is a hero.

3. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like the doofus nearly forgot to set his laptop screen down. The gun 'almost' shoots the screen. Helluva lot better than I can do though. :D

4. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    all this needs is for it to recognize a patch on someone's arm and 'ignore' that target, and its good and ready for the battle field

5. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Until the enemies start taking the patches from dead friendlies? Real Marines and Soldiers are still better, for the time being.
    Plus imagine explaining to someones family, "We dont know why the turret shot your son, we think it might have glitched..."

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  6. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    make the patches invisible :glare:

7. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    I think its just fun to have. I saw one a while ago that used an airsoft gun and was much more accurate. I think one of the problems with this one is the recoil from shooting the gun he needs some stronger servos, but if he got those he probably would need to find a different power source than a laptop battery.

Also, there is the fact he is shooting at a small, fast moving vehicle, probably would have better luck with a person.

8. Rock

Rock L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Great deterrant for obnoxious animals.

[​IMG]

9. DragonFlame

DragonFlame L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Would have been /SO/ much cooler if he used the tf2 sounds instead of portal ones. I like portal, but still, it just doesnt work for a paintball gun.