Texture rd_astroid text removal

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by shadowpikachu, Oct 14, 2014.

1. shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello.

I have the old rd_astroid map as it is perfect to use in a sfm video, but whats bothering me is the "XX% reflectivity" and i'm wondering if someone could be so kind to go in and remove the text from the map walls. (i mean old as in, first released kind of old)

I can supply the map if you shoot me a PM or i am told by an admin i am allowed to post a download link for the old RD_Astroid as i do not own it.

Posted it here as i know there is many skilled mappers, a simple retexture should be easy for you folks.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  2. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Look, It could be easy if we only had the ability to decompile. Sadly this map is currently in-decompileable (if that's even a word).
    Wait for Valve to finish it, by then it should have full textures.

3. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    Didn't github's bspsrc just add support?
    Also didn't disabling models work as well?

4. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Bspsrc is not yet updated as far as I know
    And I don't think shadowpikachu will find the map very useful without the models. (Although you can disable models, and add them back in hammer. It won't be exactly the same, but close enough. And will take quite some time.)
    Anyways, the map is currently underdetailed in the indoor section, And I am sure it will look 100 times better when Valve releases it.

5. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    instead of decompiling you could just replace the texture

not in the map but in tf2 itself

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Change the texture, pop it into your SFM folder structure and Bob's your uncle.