'Rat' map idea - probably done before

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Numerous, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Something occurred to me. Since 3D skyboxes magnify stuff 16x, and people are constantly making maps where youre ~1/16 normal size, why couldn't you get some random already made map, put the scenery in a 3D skybox and have a ready-made skybox for a rat map? And it could add to a 'story' I suppose, not that theres usually much of s story.
    Anyone got any ideas on how to expand on this/examples of someone who's already done it?
    By the way I know about the noclipping engi and huge sentry thing.

2. Schinken

Schinken L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    3d Skyboxes are non-solid, you can't walk on them or anything like this :) it won't work very well.

3. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    He doenst want to use it as the map for gameplay, only as the skybox for it. But i dont know, which map could fit that, as most maps are somewhere outside, and rats maps usually are in a house or so.

4. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    umm, several problems.
    1. Placing props would be hard.
    2. My try several weeks ago: here

5. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Aye they did this on fps banana in a contest

6. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    You could make "rat" maps work in TF2 if only there was a model of a TF2-style Honey-I-Shrunk-The-Kids Ray... (I guess you could reuse Gravelpit C, but...)

7. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Could do i guess although most maps would be too big maybe not stuff like Nucleus