Random-ish Spawn Locations

Kataan

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2009
Hello

Thanks in advance for any help.

What I am trying to do, is have multiple spawn locations scattered around my map where either blue or red team players can spawn. At the moment the players spawn at only one of the locations, and if blue and red players spawn at the same time they become stuck (the spawn location is set just above the ground).

Is there a way I can allow the players (either blue or red) to spawn randomly at the various spawn locations I have created?

(I've probably made a rookie mistake somewhere)

Cheers Kataan

Kazagin

L3: Member
Aug 4, 2009
How far apart are your
"info_player_teamspawn" entities?
If they are too close, they won't work.

Aug 10, 2009
I would make sure that each place they spawn would not only make sense for the flow of the game, but also for the player. Dropping someone in on top of a crate in an alleyway next to the combat will be very confusing for the player. Keep the separate teamspawns away from each other safely in team-specific rooms, the spawns themselves could be a few units up (like 4) just to be safe.

If you are looking to spawn people based on CPs or where a payload cart is, you need to have outputs sent from the capture points to activate or disable spawnrooms, so you can control who spawns where when.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
If I understand you right you just want random spawning across the whole map like a generic DM map? If that's the case just placing info_player_teamspawn set to Any all over the place should work fine.
If you have done this, then I'd suspect you have a team_control_point_round in the map, which requires you to set the spawns to use. Name all the spawns the same thing and then set both team's spawns in the round entity to that name.

Kataan

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2009
Thanks everyone for your responses, they are all appreciated!

@Kazagin: they are far enough apart where this isnt an issue.

@absurdistof: I understand your concern for the flow of the game, but the positions I have placed the spawn locations should not upset the balance (its hard to explain the map layout, you'll just have to trust me ^_^). It will be probably be ctf or koth, have not fully decided yet. I have made them all active at start up.

@A Boojum Snark: Thats what I was after, I'll try what you suggested and post the results.

@martijntje: You are right, I always spawned at the first spawn location.

Thank you all again for your help and suggestions. ^_^