Texture Rainy sunset sky (artpass)

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
I'd love to have a sky ambiented in sunset. The bottom part (when you look straight you should see orange dusk light) should be cloudless, but as it goes up stormy clouds appear and if you look upward it's a real storm.

I've compiled a color palette:
palette.jpg

I swear I tried doing it myself, but I can't draw and have no idea how to make clouds.
This is how mine looked in-game. The result should be the same but not as bad as mine.
m8mini.png

It should be similar to this, I've only drawn one cloud there (and it's also too big) but it should be all clouds, even over the map.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps! :)

Oh and this pic shows a good color for the bottom part of the sky (the clear one)
dead_air_lead.jpg

Would be cool if it was similar to this :)

Last edited:

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
+1

I Always wanted to make skyboxes, just can never find the time

As for yours, I enjoy the colors, they shockingly work together. I don't think the light_env colors would work though...

ricardojvc6

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 8, 2009
the only way to make the cloud less flat is to make some parts of cloud with less hardness and more hardeness for example the darkest part of the cloud should have more hardness and the light part should have less hardnes.... and don't forget to add cirrus... To create cirrus just make the same in small ones less visible than the big one. I hope this helps :)