Rain stopped working

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Goombac, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Goombac

Goombac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    The map I made had rain in it and it worked fine. I released it and played it a few times with friends on another server and it worked fine. But we played it again today and for some reason the rain has disappeared. I haven't touched the hammer file since release and haven't changed the download file in any way either. And I recently got someone to check to see if it was working on their LAN server and they said it still wasn't working, so I doubt it has anything to do with the server not showing the rain.

Does anyone know why this happened and how I can fix it without recompiling the entire thing?

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    You may have set an option either via the server, or ingame (and its just coincidence it happened to your friend too) to have weather turned off.

is it particle rain, or brush entity based?

3. Goombac

Goombac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well I checked and I still have my weather settings enabled. But I created a server with the map and the rain is working for me. I'm not sure if it's because I used the collision model rain or not, but it did work on the server before. So unless they changed the server settings which I don't believe they did, it should still be working.

And it's particle rain.