Railway Sleeper

Pooluke41

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 24, 2010
Anyone Know what Mahogany Is Used In a Railway Sleeper Made out Of none other than Mahogany, Really I don't Know, And it is Helpful For my Guitar Building Process-Like-Building-Stage-Like-Layout-Like-Important Process.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Mahogany also is used for drum making because of its integrity and capability to produce a very dark, warm tone (as compared to other more common wood types like Maple or Birch). Ringo Starr was said to have used mahogany drums, on the Beatles recordings of the 60s, manufactured by Ludwig.

Traditionally, ties (railroad sleepers to you) have been made of wood, but concrete is now widely used. Steel ties and plastic composite ties are currently used as well, although far less than wood or concrete ties. As of January 2008, the approximate market share, in North America, for traditional and wood ties was 91.5%, whereas the approximate combined market share for (all) concrete, steel, azobe (exotic hardwood) and plastic composite ties was 8.5%.

Last edited:

Pooluke41

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 24, 2010
Mahogany also is used for drum making because of its integrity and capability to produce a very dark, warm tone (as compared to other more common wood types like Maple or Birch). Ringo Starr was said to have used mahogany drums, on the Beatles recordings of the 60s, manufactured by Ludwig.

Traditionally, ties (railroad sleepers to you) have been made of wood, but concrete is now widely used. Steel ties and plastic composite ties are currently used as well, although far less than wood or concrete ties. As of January 2008, the approximate market share, in North America, for traditional and wood ties was 91.5%, whereas the approximate combined market share for (all) concrete, steel, azobe (exotic hardwood) and plastic composite ties was 8.5%.

I Have the Sleepers (Ties to You) But Exactly What type of Mahogany is it?

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Because I find them to be very funny.