Question Regarding point_servercommand and Cheats

The_Evil_Pickle

L2: Junior Member
Mar 19, 2015
I'm trying to incorporate a point_servercommand entity into a map of mine, to change the way the map plays every so often. This includes stuff like altering gravity, timescale, and other such settings. However, these commands can only usually be used if sv_cheats is set to 1. So, my questions are as follows:

- Is there any way to have point_servercommand use cheats without letting players do so?
- Is there a way to replicate those sorts of effects without using cheats and/or without using point_servercommand?

Thanks for the help!

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
1: No.

2: Gravity can be altered with a trigger brush with the trigger_gravity entity attached to it. Timescale is a server-wide command, so nope, unless the server runs sv_cheats 1.

Brings up the question: what are you mapping for? Standard map (cp, pl, koth, etc) or something else, like jailbreak or trade maps? If it's the former you shouldn't even touch gravity and timescales, it messes up aim for most people which they do not like.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Are you sure? I could have sworn that point_servercommand is allowed to ignore sv_cheats.

The_Evil_Pickle

L2: Junior Member
Mar 19, 2015
It's an arena map. The idea is that at the start of each round, several aspects of the map are changed randomly, so players have to be able to adapt to a new set of conditions each round. I find it keeps things interesting. I've already got 30+ effects working, so a few effects that mess up aim wouldn't show up often enough to be frustrating.