[Question]Particle effect problem

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by BobBloodwork, Aug 16, 2009.

1. BobBloodwork

BobBloodwork L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I created a fire in the particle editor looks great in the window at bottom right but when I run my map i get this

[​IMG]

^ supposed to be a group of those floating up wards but instead I get 1 froze in space. In the editor it shows it working fine it only does this in the map any ideals on how to fix?

**Pictures of editor values down below**

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:

BTW, is that the map your going to release, than dont use hl2 textures, they are bad for tf2.

3. BobBloodwork

Positive Ratings:
    haha nah not the map i'm going to release ;) just a map i was useing to test the particle effects (i was messing around with displacements on it) and also to test out a few 3ds models I made

Yeah look at that post you quoted that from, its from my original question on fire, but that one was a lil to small so i looked up tuts on how to use the particle editor and it works fine in the editor but in map its just frozen in place flame

4. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    We cant help you with what you did wrong unless you show us pics from the editor, showing us the values.

5. BobBloodwork

Positive Ratings:
    i was pretty sure it wasnt an editor mistake since in the editor it runs great
    but i am a pretty big noob so here they are (keep in mind i'm a noob and i messed around with this trying to fix it so acouple values might not be needed at all)

Propterties
    [​IMG]

Renderer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Operator
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Initializer
    [​IMG]

Emmiter
    [​IMG]

Force Generator
    [​IMG]

and thats it other two are blank, i know some values are kind of fubar and not needed 1 bit but i was messing with them when trying to fix.
    Thanks for the help

*edit* BTW I didnt use any controll points my controll point 0 is 0.00 0.00 0.00 if that helps any forgot to mention that

6. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    The only thing I can think of that is causing the problem is the render_screen_velocity.

Remove it and test it in-game again.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. BobBloodwork

Positive Ratings:
    Nope :/ thanks for the help tho man

*Hold up I'm going to post some pics of the Info_particlesystem screen in here (havent ever used it) error could be in there i messed with it seeing if anything was wrong but i couldnt find anything*

Its pretty blank dunno if it needs crap in those or not(mainly cause I'm a horrible noob at particle effects used to be a cs:s mapper and gave up on cs awhile ago
    [​IMG]

Everything below this is either blank or 0's

Btw I have another one of these set up with Start active ON so thats not the problem