[Question]Particle effect problem

BobBloodwork

L1: Registered
Aug 15, 2009
I created a fire in the particle editor looks great in the window at bottom right but when I run my map i get this

particleproblem.jpg

^ supposed to be a group of those floating up wards but instead I get 1 froze in space. In the editor it shows it working fine it only does this in the map any ideals on how to fix?

**Pictures of editor values down below**

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2009
A response i had to simialr thread:

The wall torches consist of the wall torch prop, and orange light entity, a trigger_hurt, an info_particle_system with the particle name burning_torch and an env_sprite with orange colour and sprite name of materials/Sprites/light_glow03.vmt

This does make a small flame but you might be able to increase the size somehow. Anyway hope that helps.

BTW, is that the map your going to release, than dont use hl2 textures, they are bad for tf2.

Last edited:

BobBloodwork

Aug 15, 2009
haha nah not the map i'm going to release ;) just a map i was useing to test the particle effects (i was messing around with displacements on it) and also to test out a few 3ds models I made

Yeah look at that post you quoted that from, its from my original question on fire, but that one was a lil to small so i looked up tuts on how to use the particle editor and it works fine in the editor but in map its just frozen in place flame

Last edited:

BobBloodwork

Aug 15, 2009
i was pretty sure it wasnt an editor mistake since in the editor it runs great
but i am a pretty big noob so here they are (keep in mind i'm a noob and i messed around with this trying to fix it so acouple values might not be needed at all)

Propterties
patricleprob01.jpg

Renderer
patricleprob02.jpg

patricleprob03.jpg

Operator
patricleprob04.jpg

patricleprob05.jpg

Initializer
patricleprob06.jpg

Emmiter
patricleprob07.jpg

Force Generator
patricleprob08.jpg

and thats it other two are blank, i know some values are kind of fubar and not needed 1 bit but i was messing with them when trying to fix.
Thanks for the help

*edit* BTW I didnt use any controll points my controll point 0 is 0.00 0.00 0.00 if that helps any forgot to mention that

Last edited:

BobBloodwork

Aug 15, 2009
Nope :/ thanks for the help tho man

*Hold up I'm going to post some pics of the Info_particlesystem screen in here (havent ever used it) error could be in there i messed with it seeing if anything was wrong but i couldnt find anything*

Its pretty blank dunno if it needs crap in those or not(mainly cause I'm a horrible noob at particle effects used to be a cs:s mapper and gave up on cs awhile ago
info_particlesystem.jpg

Everything below this is either blank or 0's

Btw I have another one of these set up with Start active ON so thats not the problem

Last edited: