1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Question about walls and textures

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by headbuster, Aug 24, 2011.

1. headbuster

headbuster L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello
    I have a question about textures and wall size.
    I am building a room (the spawn room) and it is going to be seen only from inside and the front. What textures should I use on the bottom and the sides which will never be seen? Also does it save render time if I use relatively thin walls (on the places where I can afford that).
    That's for now. Thanks in advance!

2. Mr.Blob

Mr.Blob L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Use "tools/toolsnodraw" on faces that are not visible

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. headbuster

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for that. I was actually using it but wasn't sure if it was correct.

4. Mr.Blob

Mr.Blob L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just noticed your post count: welcome to the forum! - if you have any other small questions to ask you can just pop into the chat and you can just ask there. :)

5. headbuster

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks! I have lot's of question to ask but can't make hundreds of new threads about them :p
    ---
    btw I can't seem to join the chat room...nothing happens. I will see if I can do something.

6. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    The thickness of the walls does not affect their render time, and if they're nodraw, they're not rendered anyway :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. headbuster

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the info :)
    Also I just realised that I have a "limited steam account" and I can't use the chat. I am using this acc with only free TF on my laptop so I can make maps while my brother can play on my main acc with all the games >.<

8. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    Cheapest game on Steam is £1, have a link. Buy it to upgrade your account to unlimited. :)