Question about using SetOwner on MapSpawn

sweitx

L1: Registered
Jan 11, 2010
Hi, I'm pretty new at mapping so if the following question is moronic, I apologize.
I'm trying to create a 6 CP Cyclical Capture Point map. But I'm having problem initializing the cap-point/spawnrooms.

I have a current setup of a logic_auto, which OnMapSpawn calls a logic_relay that executes the following OnTrigger.

"cp_Seg1_prop,Skin,3,0,-1"
"cp_Seg1,SetOwner,3,0,-1"

"trigger_teleport_Seg1,Disable,,0,-1"
"filter_Seg1_inactiveteam,SetTeam,3,0,-1"
"filter_Seg1_activeteam,SetTeam,3,0,-1"

"player_Seg1_spawn,SetTeam,3,0,-1"

"func_respawnroom_Seg1,Enable,,0,-1"
"func_respawnroom_Seg1,SetTeam,3,0,-1"

"sign_Seg1_resupply,Skin,4,0,-1"
"sign_Seg1_exit,Skin,8,0,-1"

In short, the goal was to give ownership of a capture point to a team (chosen at random) during MapSpawn. But the problem is that for some reason, the above doesn't change the ownership of the CP. I can't use the set owner to random at start since each team needs to have 3 CP in consecutive.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:
By the way, the spawn room did get setup correctly except the first spawn frequently spawns in the wrong room (blue spawn in red, and vice versa). Subsequent respawn always gets placed in the right room.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Control point will ignore any SetOwner inputs during the period from round end, through humiliation, into the next round, up until the 5 second "lockup" delay is over. (When you can start walking)
There is no way around it other than delaying the inputs by 5.1 seconds, which won't really help you here.

About the spawns, that's another pretty unavoidable thing. The players are going to spawn in at the default spawns before any inputs are fired, so you won't be able to use logic to determine initial spawn. You would have to put a teleport in the default spawn location that sends them wherever is chosen.

megawac

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 2, 2009
For the changing the spawns, depending on map layout, it might be better to simply enable/disable doors to decide where players can go.

sweitx

L1: Registered
Jan 11, 2010
Control point will ignore any SetOwner inputs during the period from round end, through humiliation, into the next round, up until the 5 second "lockup" delay is over. (When you can start walking)
There is no way around it other than delaying the inputs by 5.1 seconds, which won't really help you here.

About the spawns, that's another pretty unavoidable thing. The players are going to spawn in at the default spawns before any inputs are fired, so you won't be able to use logic to determine initial spawn. You would have to put a teleport in the default spawn location that sends them wherever is chosen.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

For the changing the spawns, depending on map layout, it might be better to simply enable/disable doors to decide where players can go.

Well, I was/am trying to make a circular 6-cp cyclical capture point type map. And I've yet figure out a way to setup spawn such that both side's spawns are balanced (well, I had an layout in mind that is "relatively" balanced, but the arrangement is... convoluted).

SPHinx

L2: Junior Member
Aug 29, 2009

Do you know if this restriction can be overcome through a SourceMod script? Or if not SetOwner, what about changing the default owner?