Question about pakratting and VRAD

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Snowbat, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Snowbat

Snowbat L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I got 2 questions:

- I heard you should add certain options to VRAD when doing a full compile. In the Expert window however, I don't see the VRAD thing anywhere. I see $bsp_exe, $vis_exe and $light_exe but not $vrad_exe.
    I tried adding the options to $light_exe, but then the map renders in fullbright as if I had a leak (when I don't)

- Made a custom particle system. If I want it to be available in my map, I need to add it to the manifest file right? Do I have to add that manifest filme in my BSP too with Pakrat?

Thanks!

2. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    For your VRAD issue, $light_exe is the right one. I'm guessing that somehow VRAD is choking and not doing anything, which would produce a fullbright map. Check for typos in your parameters.

For custom particles, you'll want to make a map-specific manifest file. Put a <mapname>_particles.txt in your /maps folder, and fill it out like you would the particles manifest file (except just the extra .pcf files you want). For example:

[​IMG]

I forget what the ! does, but you should probably put it in.

You'll have to pack this .txt file and the .pcf file into your map.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Snowbat

Snowbat L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'll do that.
    Thanks, mate!

4. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Also include a mapname.txt (the description of the map that is displayed after connecting next to the loading screen pictures) in your maps folder and pack that as well. I heard particles might not work in some cases if you don't include it.