Question about Doors.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by kiR 。◕‿‿◕。, Aug 9, 2009.

1. kiR 。◕‿‿◕。

kiR 。◕‿‿◕。 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    For some reason, after I compile and start up my map. I look at my door, and its completely rotated sideways, and tilted.

This is really perplexing to me considering I made my door a func_door and not rotating..
    Ive set my door to start closed (could this be it?)

Can anyone offer some insight?

2. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Not rotating, hrm. I'd still check that the doors origin property is where it should be, and that no weird values crept into an angles/axis field.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. kiR 。◕‿‿◕。

Positive Ratings:
    I will center out its origin again and see how it goes.

edit: Gah, that didnt help.. the door still spawns like.. sideways and tilted

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  4. Waif

Waif L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Make sure the move direction is correct and try changing the spawn position setting.
    And of course check your pitch/yaw/roll :p

5. kiR 。◕‿‿◕。

Positive Ratings:
    Arg.. I cant figure out whats wrong with it.. for a normal door that opens up to the right.. what should it look like for those?

6. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    You know, I'd just un-entity it ("move to world"), move the brush to how you want it, and then re-entify it as a door.

It won't salve the aching human need to make sense of an uncaring and cruel universe, but it'd probably be faster.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Waif

Waif L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    So it goes diagonally up and right? That could be the problem, eveer try what ter suggested or make the move direction a simple up or down.

8. Hanz

aa Hanz Ravin' Rabbid

Positive Ratings:
    Or just completely remake the door? That would definately solve it, I think.

9. Open Blade

Open Blade L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    when in doubt, find a map that has a working door like the one you have, look at it's properties and compare them to what you have.

10. kiR 。◕‿‿◕。

Positive Ratings:
    Ok well just an update here, I got the door fixed. apparently some rogue angles got in there somehow and thats why it was tilted and sideways.
    As for the direction that the door slides. I could NOT for the life of me get it to slide the way i wanted and I tried literally every direction.
    But, the door DOES work now, thank you everyone :)