Question about boss-defeated outputs

Piezo_

L2: Junior Member
Dec 29, 2015
I have an odd question:
What Output should I use if I want it to fire when a boss (merasmus, eyeball_boss, headless_hatman) is defeated?
Also, assuming I'm using a point_template and env_entity_maker activated by a trigger_multiple to create the aforementioned bosses, which entity should I add the output to?

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
I was going to suggest checking the decompiled versions of Viaduct Event, etc... but apparently the boss and supporting entities aren't included in the decompiled versions.

Piezo_

Dec 29, 2015
I was going to suggest checking the decompiled versions of Viaduct Event, etc... but apparently the boss and supporting entities aren't included in the decompiled versions.
UPDATE: I found three logic_relays in koth_lakeside_event named "boss_enter_relay", "boss_dead_relay", and "boss_exit_relay". They are triggered when merasmus is killed, leaves, or spawns, so that takes care of Merasmus.

Now, what am I gonna do about Monoculus and HHH....
(As of now, looking through the entity reports of decompiled eyeaduct and manor yeilds no such luck)

Last edited:

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
Here's how I handle Boss deaths:
Have a trigger_multiple with your desired outputs fire OnEndTouch.
Give that trigger a filter_activator_class with the respective boss entity names. (e.g. HHH=headless_hatman / Monoculus=eyeball_boss)
Don't forget to check your flags so Bosses can be a trigger.

Now everytime a boss dies inside this trigger volume, that boss will fire the output.
In this video I have a portal open when HHH is defeated:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InCcvWbfZkk

Piezo_

Dec 29, 2015
@Izotope
Nice work. Definitely gonna use this for HHH, but I don't think it would work for Monoculus, because it would fire an output when he automatically leaves the area after 2 minutes of not dying (i.e. when the game sends an alert saying "Monoculus has left to haunt another realm."), and this doesn't count as defeating him in my mind...

EDIT: On death, monoculus spawns a portal that leads to an info_target named "spawn_loot". Until someone finds the actual output, I may make a spawn_loot in a room where a trigger_multiple will send the output when a player starts touching the trigger (after going through monoculus's defeated portal).

Last edited: