Model Quake Weapon Models

Rizz

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2009
Anyone ever think of doing a Quake 3 weapon set for TF2?
I'd like if someone attemtped, but I'm not demanding anyone to do so. It's just a christmas wish. ;)

Here are what the Quake weapons would replace:

Railgun replaces Sniper Rifle.
Shotgun replaces all shotgun models (or you choose which ever).
The "Machine-gun" replaces the Heavys Machine-gun.
The grenade launcher is obvious.
Flaregun is replaced by the BFG10000.
The Plasma Rifle replaces the Needle Gun/Blatsauger.
The rocket laucher is obvious, replace both variates of it.
The lighting gun replaces the flame thrower.
All melee weapons get replaced by the Gauntlet.

http://www.wegame.com/guides/quake-weapons/
I can even rip all of these models from the game via a "PK3 Editor", although they'd be in md3 format.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
That is a very big Christmas Wish, and doesn't exactly apply to the TF2Maps Santa, he could make you a Christmas tree for your map, not an entire set of Weapon Models..

Rizz

Dec 18, 2009
How about at least two weapons? ;)
I wasn't wanting them all to be done at once, or rather I don't expect them to be all done at once.
If I could ask for two weapons to be done, I'd have to say the "Railgun" and "Rocket Launcher"

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
What kind of mapping/level creation purpose does this serve? Because so far I see no benefit from the creation of this. This section of the forums is for requests for game assets, items to actually be used by map authors and the like. If the requests have no actual purposes, please don't ask for them.

However, maybe this would make you want to learn to model, to make them yourself. It's a good suggestion.

Rizz

Dec 18, 2009
I'll be replacing most of the weapons in [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DetIbQU3_p4"]YouTube- TF2 Map: TFDM7[/ame] with Quake weapons. I will be using them within my map.

Rizz

Dec 18, 2009
Would anyone be willing to just make the railgun?
Quake 3's models weren't that detailed.

Rizz

Dec 18, 2009
So don't download it. :/
True fans of Quake 3 will enjoy this map, seeing as it's designed to replicate the great days of Quake 3 when there was Instagib Freezetag on Q3DM7 (Temple of Retribution).

I just need a 3d modeler's help. :s