Pyramid question

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
Hey. I'm making an egypt map, and I want part of it to be set inside the pyramid. So you can enter and leave the pyramid, so it can't be just like faking it.

Is there a way to do this?

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
Make a square based pyramid out of brushes and make a entrance/exit?

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
I did that, but, I can't figure out how to make it hollow. :<

Alright, done it. :D

Last edited:

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
Make four walls in a square with a floor, and then use the vertex tool to make all the top points culminate in the center of the square.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
Four vertex-manipulated brushes. Make a brush, vertex-manipulate it so that it's bottom ends are out at the base of the pyramid-in-making and the top ends where the point will be. Bring the top two sets of vertexes together to form a triangular face. Copy over to the other side. Select both, rotate 90 dgerees, place to form pyramid. vertex manipulate any corners to fit, if needed.

A pyramid is a simple shape, man. C'mon! Now, if it were a hexagonal pyramid or something, it'd require some EFFORT but it'd still be simple.

Essentially, just do what you'd do to make a building, but angle brushes towards the middle to form the point.

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
It should end up looking sorta like this - Hope you can see whats goin on here though:
Open it in a new tab for a better view, I can't be arsed to find out why it isn't full size.

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
This is a mission for agent 00-Clipping Tool!
Slash the brick, just getting a proper scale gonna be a pain, maybe make the interiors first.
Resizing already made pyramid gonna be a horror