Puppet Bots and commands on them...

Avaray

L2: Junior Member
Oct 14, 2011
Im using Puppet Bots on my map.
I want to use trigger_multiple that will send command to BOT that is currently inside trigger area.

OnStartTouch
WHAT SHOULD BE HERE ?
bot_selectweaponslot 1

-----
Second question:
At this moment if I have (for example) six bots and when I use command (by console) bot_selectweaponslot 1, only One bot is changing weapon - bot that joined to server as first.
Is there a way to set all these bots as same unique entity, same name (or something) - to send commnand to that entity/name?

I know my English sux, but hope you will understand me. Please, help me :(

Last edited:

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Don't worry about your English, you're better than most people I've met.

Now I could be wrong but I believe if you type "!player" (without quotes) for the target entity name it'll affect your bots, just be careful that'll affect all players too.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
I don't know about this specific bot command, but whenever I want to teleport bots, I type

bot_teleport all <coords>

so try <your_command> all <parameter, if there is one>

wiseguy149

Emperor of Entities and Amateur of Aesthetics
May 12, 2009
You need a point_servercommand entity.
Map enties cannot give orders to puppet bots. Server commands can.

Your trigger output should look something like this:
OnStartTouch
[point_servercommand name here]
Command
bot_selectweaponslot 1

There is no way to give puppet bot commands specifically to bots within a trigger.
Puppet bot commands can only be targeted by a bot's name, and triggers cannot detect/filter for this, because entity names and player/bot names are completely different systems.

As for your second question, you should use bot_command instead, since it lets you specify the name of the bot you want to command. Just use one of these for each bot.

If you'd like to see some examples of puppet bots in action, decompile tr_walkway and take a look at what we did with the entities in there. We used puppet bots quite extensively.