CP ProspectGulch

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Tarry H Sruman, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    The Prospect Gulch Pumping Station was once the only source of drinking water for hundreds of miles. The aquifer dried up, and now the teams have their eyes on a new prize: an oil deposit deep underground.

Prospect Gulch is a multi-stage Attack/Defend map. It currently has the following cutting edge features:
    -White dev textures
    -Two control points
    -Health and ammo packs
    -lights
    -a sky

Currently only stage one. Stage two will be added in A3 and stage three will be added soon after.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. Raxater

Raxater L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You -have- to finish it, it already looks amazing by now.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
  4. AngryAngus

AngryAngus L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well judging from the screenshots I can't see many problems with the map, I'm looking forward to trying this map out on a gameday.

5. Tarry H Sruman

Positive Ratings:
    Updated to A2. Slightly compressed some areas to address the overscaling and hopefully defense is more viable now. Stage 2 is on the way.

6. hanapa'a

hanapa'a L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    DL'd this map, mighta been an old version. It plays pretty good in my small servers. Would like to see a little more highground though. Not enough terrain variation for classes other than soldier and demo. Maybe you fixed this in a newer version. Flow is good though. Maybe an upstairs in the house between A and B, level with the 2nd Floor on point B? Just a suggestion.

Good start though. Looking forward to the next stages.

7. Tarry H Sruman

Positive Ratings:
    Glad you liked it, I added a second story to the mid building on stage one in A3, but I'm not releasing it until stage two is done.

8. hanapa'a

hanapa'a L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Forgot to mention, it doesn't flip Offense and Defense.

9. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Needs less health on random impossible-to-reach-without-jump-perk-ability ledges.

I heard B could use more ammo around the point. Didn't have a problem myself but then i wasn't an engi and i was happy just grabbing dropped weapons from kills.

The long ally between A and B could be more interesting and less of a shooting gallery for RED's amusement.

Is this gonna be multi-stage? Having a CP inside a building, at least one that small, isn't very interesting for a finalé. And A should be balanced more so that it caps in the very last seconds if it's only 2 CP. You should at least dedicate some time into that if it's not 3 stage, small maps kinda need that level of attention and to make the most of the 20-30 minute rounds.

10. Tarry H Sruman

Positive Ratings:
    It's going to be 3-stage. Most of the issues that came up were the same ones I've seen before, so hopefully they'll be better in A3. Next version will hopefully be done tonight/tomorrow morning and will include the next stage.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012