props files arent working. what is happening

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by vockeii, May 12, 2016.

1. vockeii

vockeii L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    When I try to upload ABC prop file C, hammer crashes. :(

2. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    Do you have more than one prop library open at a time? They're split up because hammer can't handle that many props at once :C

3. vockeii

Positive Ratings:
    I have only ONE prop library open all the time. YOOOU haVEE to HELP ME

4. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    I don't understand what your problem is. Would you mind providing a longer description?

5. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    The only other thing I can think of is that you have more than one open but you don't realize it. In hammer, use ctrl+tab to cycle through all your open vmfs.

6. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Your own map you have open right now can contain enough props that together with the library they crash hammer. Try to close your map and load library then.

7. vockeii

Positive Ratings:
    Rarely any props on my map, and it crashes all the time when I open prop C all the time.
    When I open Prop library C, hammer crashes. That's it, that's really it. I don't know why.

8. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
    There might be something wrong with the actual prop library c map. Well, if you can't fix it, I guess just don't use it, and just use the model browser to find models *shrug*.

9. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Does it give an error or does it just close without anything to say as to why it closed?

You can always try checking TF2's files via Steam->right-click Team Fortress 2 in the game library on the left->Properties->Local Files->Verify integrity of game cache. This will replace any corrupt/missing files that could be there due to Steam updating TF2 while Hammer was open or something similar.

10. vockeii

Positive Ratings:
    I've tried once and it solved nothing. I'll try again though.

11. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Make sure Hammer (and TF2 for that matter) is closed when doing that. Otherwise nothing will be changed.