• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Off My Meds

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2016
Hello everyone

Ive managed to get proper working so far as to have it convert brushwork in to models, and have those models be able to load hammer (YAY!).

However, I cannot seem to find a way to be be able to change the scaling of these textures within hammer, it seems to automatically designate them to some default size and position.

Im sure there is a way to have the brush save its textures Scale, and Position when the model is being created.

If anyone has experience with this problem or with Proper in general I would be very grateful for some help, I Would even be willing to talk about the issue through discord if anyone interested, as I have not had much luck via tutorials or guides thus far.

Anyways thanks in advance guys for any help you can give. If I can clarify anything please let me know ill be watching the forum.

Here's the compile for the proper compile, I have removed some of the lines that repeat about 70 times for the sake of brevity.

** Executing... ** Command: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin\propper.exe ** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\woodwall_debris_03.vmf" Propper 0.32. Originally written by Carl Foust, fixed and compiled for SDK Base 2013 by tuxxi. Adapted from vbsp.exe by Valve Software. (May 25 2016) 8 threads materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\woodwall_debris_03.vmf material "wood/wood_floor002" not found. Material not found!: WOOD/WOOD_FLOOR002 ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar Could not locate GameData file tf.fgd =============================== Creating model: "props/propper_metalbeam03" =============================== Building mesh... Material: wood/wood_floor002 - "___error" - exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist "___error" - "materials/error.vtf": cached version doesn't exist Writing c:\propsource\props/propper_metalbeam03_ref.smd 272 triangles written. ------------------------ Writing c:\propsource\props/propper_metalbeam03.qc Done. Compiling the model: studiomdl.exe -fullcollide -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "c:\propsource\props/propper_metalbeam03.qc" ---Please Wait--- Studiomdl complete! 1 second elapsed CMaterialDict::Shutdown m_MissingList count: 1

Last edited:

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
If you want texture scale, orientation, etc, to be preserved in the model, Propper needs to be able to find the materials. The most effective fix for this that I have found is using slarti's community hammer w/ the proper setup however there might be another way.

Off My Meds

Jul 22, 2016
I downloaded the community hammer, and now I cant seem to get anything to even begin compiling. not sure what went wrong here..

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
Did you follow the given setup instructions correctly? If you did, it should all work fine

Off My Meds

Jul 22, 2016
yeah, it launches and thats all well and good, theres just no response at all when trying to compile, the run window closes, but theres no process window, vvis does run, and compiling never even starts.